Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Introduction: French Girl Knits, Stella Knit-Along

Stitch Therapy Brooklyn is thrilled to offer this knit-along for the gorgeous Stella Cable and Lace Jacket from the book French Girl Knits by Kristeen Griffin-Grimes . We’re doubly blessed because Kristeen has agreed to knit along with us and offer comments as we go.

I chose this pattern because of the inspirational techniques used to combine a delicately strong Spiral stitch lace and with a classic Seed stitch to create a chic texture. The sweater is both fashionably contemporary and romantic at the same time and suits most fashion personalities.

To sign up: simply click on COMMENTS at the bottom of this post: tell me who you are and leave a link to your blog or give me your Ravelry name. I’ll add you to our Participants List in the sidebar so you can share your experience with other knitters. As we move through the different parts of the pattern, be sure to add comments to the related posts, with links to your progress on your own blog or Ravelry name as we knit along. I hope you’ll join us!

Happy, knitting along,

Maxcine

Knit Along details:
Dates: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 -- Saturday, August 22, 2009
Book: French Girl Knits by Kristeen Griffin-Grimes
Project: Stella Cable and Lace Jacket
Yarn: Berroco Cuzco
Finished Measurement: 33(38 1/2, 44, 49 1/2)"
Yardage: 1300(1430, 1560, 1820) in recommended yarn
Address: 176 Lincoln Place, Brooklyn, NY (bet. 7th & 8th aves.)

Drop-in clinic at the Stitch Therapy Brooklyn bricks and mortar for local participants every other Thursday nights from 6-7:30 pm, starting April 23. Drop-ins must be signed up for the knit along and purchase yarn from Stitch Therapy.

Click on COMMENTS at the bottom of this post to leave your name and link to blog or Ravelry name, if you want to participate.





25 Comments:

Maxcine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maxcine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maxcine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JS said...

Hi! I don't have a ravelry or a blog. :(
josalgib@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi would love to join the Stella kal.
My Ravelry name is Morticher.

Thanks

Anonymous said...

I am signed up already but I just wanted to say hi :-D
Audrey

Unknown said...

I would like to join Stella knit a long. My Raverly id is Tessamac.

Tara Charles said...

Hi! I'd love to join the knit a long! My ravelry name is 'Bentobox'

Thanks!

Tara

Unknown said...

Hi! A little late, but finally joining. Raverly name is fiberturtle.

Bethany

SunnyHill said...

Please allow me to join your KAL. My Ravelry name is Sunnyhill

rocio said...

please add me to the KAL too! I am peruvianorchid on ravelry.

callaghanse said...

I would like to join the Stella KAL. My Ravelry name is sueunraveled.

Unknown said...

Hi Maxine;
It's me Juny, I was at Stitch Therapy last week, towards the end of the week. I would love to join the KAL. I'll be n this week to get the yarn. I am knittingdaughter on Ravelry, I don't know if you remembered. Thanks for the therapy!

Unknown said...

Hi Maxcine,
CAn you please add me to the blog, with "water nixie" as my screen name?
Thanks,
Anne Hinsman

Unknown said...

Hi - I would LOVE to join the KAL, too, please! My ravelry name is woolncathairs.

alienfan said...

I would like to recieve the next downloads for Mystery blanket, as I finished the first.
Thanls. Ravelry name is Peloche

Unknown said...

Hi! I would love to join your Stitch Therapy Mystery Blanket Stitch KAL. My Ravelry name is Lucyjo. Thank You

neverhavenough said...

Hi, my Ravelry name is Neverhavenough. I would like to join your Mystery Blanket Stitch. I hope I have not missed any down loads yet! Thank-you.

Tami said...

I would love to join the fun and be included in your kal!

I can be found on ravlery and my name is tama!

Thanks for an interesting adventure!

Unknown said...

Hi! Please add me to the Stella Cable and Lace Jacket KAL. Ravelry username: vimcat. Thanks!

Linan said...

Hi, I'd like to participate in your KAL. What an interesting idea on-line.
Linda
Ravelry name linan516

Unknown said...

Hi, I would also like to participate in the KAL for this beautiful jacket. Thank you!
Anna Marie
Raverly name: fabricprincess9

Unknown said...

Hello, my name is Sky and I just began learning to knit after joining a Peace Knitter group. I would love to be added to the Mystery Blanket Stitch Along. My ravelry name is playswithclays.

Thanks!

Unknown said...

Good day. My name is Dara and I would like to be added to the Stitch Along. It sounds fun!

My Ravelry name is: daracandy