Monday, September 7, 2009

Stella off the needles



Stitch Therapy will be five years old this September! For the past five years I have only knit for the shop and to inspire my customers and friends to knit or crochet. The "Stella" is a personal knit for me. I am beckoning the autumn weather and the change of leaves just so that I can wear this beautiful jacket.




I had taken a rest from knitting the spiral texture to knock out a few more knits for the shop when I realized that the close date for the knit along was a week away. I think I put it down for four weeks - this was a bit ridiculous since I had only about four more inches to knit before I bound off.



The upper yoke nearly did me in - I couldn't see straight while I read the chart, mixing wrong side rows with right. I started it over about three times before the stitch came to me. Now I am just at the edge of binding off and I think that I will embellish the 'Stella" a bit further by adding the crochet Crab Stitch all the way around the outer edge and add some sort of closure at the top front yoke.

This was a fun fast knit for me!



0 Comments: